[ale] Ale Digest, Vol 15, Issue 89

Ryan Marshall rymarshall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 00:07:37 EDT 2009

> Ryan, we're going to have to ban you.
>
> Your first post to this list is supposed to be about beer or politics.

I've seen what happens when a newsgroup (or mailing list) loses focus and
becomes a shit slinging session.  Egos become fevered and we see Godwin's
law in action.   I'll pass on that.

So anyway, last weekend I was enjoying some Abita Red Ale.  It's definitely
got an Ale-y flavor without the bite that can come from the heavy hops in a
pale ale which seem so prevalent.  I think ales in general are largely
underrepresented in this country, and I'm stoked about the resurgence (and
legality) of smaller breweries in recent years.  It's nice to have options
besides what Anheuser-Busch and the Coors brewing company deem importable.

The next time I have something on topic to share, I'll chime in.  Until
then, I'm just enjoying reading and learning a lot about my OS of choice.