[ale] Ubuntu 9.04 & Flash at pandora.com, facebook

David W. Millians millia at panix.com
Mon Apr 27 11:12:33 EDT 2009

reggie at busicast.com wrote:
> Have tried with both Firefox & Opera, have uninstalled & reinstalled
> Flash.

Which version of flash? When I installed 9.04 I noticed it put one
version (can't remember. I think v9.)
Then, I was playing with sources.list, and removed commenting from the
(rough wording) 'unsupported unfree do-at-your-own risk' section, and
got IIRC v10 of flash. Worth a shot.

That was easy compared to getting of rid of these weird flickering lines
on the display. Ubuntu is VERY nice with desktops, but laptops are still
not as perfect as that...

Still, very nifty. Much quicker with 512megs of ram than I am used to,
recently.