[ale] Record audio when there is audio

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Apr 23 21:11:18 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> I want to record the audio from the ARC repeater.  This repeater is
> quiet most of the day so I don't want to waste disk space.  Some issues
> have been reported and I want to try and find them but can't listen 24x7
> because I work and sleep.

Well, I wrote something in 1999 that recorded when the sound
level stayed above a threshold for a significant (sub-second)
amount of time.

It also did a Fast Fourier Transform on the resulting sound
snippet and used the resulting frequency spectrum as the
basis for a filename used to write a wav file containing the
snippet.

Anyway, if you are interested in hacking some Objective C,
you could probably adapt it to your needs.

  http://syncotron.sourceforge.net/

The "samplomatic" is the part I'm talking about.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>