[ale] [HUMOR] Abbot & Costello Revisited

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:11:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

>       You have to be old enough to remember Abbott and Costello,
>       and too old to REALLY understand computers, to fully
>       appreciate this.  For those of us who sometimes get
>       flustered by our computers, please read on...
>
>       If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today, their
>       infamous sketch, 'Who's on First?' might have turned out
>       something like this:
>
>       COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT
>

>       ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
>
>       COSTELLO : Thanks. I'm! setting up an office in my den and
>       I'm thinking about buying a computer.
>
>       ABBOTT : Mac?
>
>       COSTELLO : No, the name's Lou .
>
>       ABBOTT : Your computer?
>
>       COSTELLO : I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.
>
>       ABBOTT : Mac?
>
>       COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou .
>
>       ABBOTT : What about Windows?
>
>       COSTELLO : Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
>
>       ABBOTT : Do you want a computer with Windows?
>
>       COSTELLO : I don't know. What will I see when I look at the
>       windows?
>
>       ABBOTT : Wallpaper.
>
>       COSTELLO : Never mind the windows. I need a computer and
>       software.
>
>       ABBOTT : Software for Windows?
>
>       COSTELLO : No. On the computer! I need something I can use
>       to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What
>       do you have?
>
>       ABBOTT : Office.
>
>       COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?
>
>       ABBOTT : I just did.
>
>       COSTELLO : You just did what?
>
>       ABBOTT : Recommend something.
>
>       COSTELLO : You recommended something ?
>
>       ABBOTT : Yes.
>
>       COSTELLO : For my office?
>
>       ABBOTT : Yes.
>
>       COSTELLO : OK, what did you recommend for my office?
>
>       ABBOTT : Office.
>
>       COSTELLO : Yes, for my office!
>
>       ABBOTT : I recommend Office with Windows.
>
>       COSTELLO : I already have an office with windows! OK, let's
>       just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a
>       proposal.  What do I need?
>
>       ABBOTT : Word.
>
>       COSTELLO : What word?
>
>       ABBOTT : Word in Office.
>
>       COSTELLO : The only word in office is office.
>
>       ABBOTT : The Word in Office for Windows.
>
>       COSTELLO : Which word in office for windows?
>
>       ABBOTT : The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.
>
>       COSTELLO : I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't
>       start with some straight answers. What about financial
>       bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?
>
>       ABBOTT: Money.
>
>       COSTELLO : That's right. What do you have?
>
>         ABBOTT : Money.
>
>       COSTELLO : I need money to track my money?
>
>       ABBOTT : It comes bundled with your computer.
>
>       COSTELLO : What's bundled with my computer?
>
>       ABBOTT : Money.
>
>       COSTELLO : Money comes with my computer?
>
>       ABBOTT : Yes. No extra charge.
>
>       COSTELLO : I get a bundle of money with my computer? How
> [...]

Ha-ha, it was a bit long, but funny.  I haven't seen the original "Who's on
First" bit, but I've heard it.  We need to post this online so I can tweet
it to the rest of the Linux community.  They'll get a chuckle out of it! :D

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"