[ale] numpty physics

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Tue Apr 21 22:14:40 EDT 2009

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Robert Reese~ <ale at sixit.com>
> wrote:
>
>> OTOH, with World of Goo  going to Linux . . ..
>

> World of Goo is already on Linux!

Sorry... ya, that's what I meant.  ;cP

>  http://2dboy.com/games.php
> Installing the DEB was simple (had to force arch on 64 bit, but
> works perfectly after that).  Such a great game.
>
> And they let me download it for my Windows machine (yeah, that's
> where the game first came out), then my Mac when they had that
> done, then finally my Linux machine (and it runs there the best
> since that's the fastest I've got, of course).  Without rebuying it
> or filling out forms or anything.

Really?  That's awesome!  I understand that they did better sales-wise in the
first 24 hours of releasing for Linux than for any other platform by 40%.

http://2dboy.com/2009/02/12/world-of-goo-linux-version-is-ready/
<http://2dboy.com/2009/02/12/world-of-goo-linux-version-is-ready/>

I'm hoping they inspire others, particularly Crayon Physics Deluxe... I waited a
*very* long time for CPD to come out after discovering the original Crayon
Physics game.  BTW, the author Petri Perho wrote the original Crayon Physics as
a 7-Day game (called Rapid Game Prototyping), but because he was locked out of
his apartment for two days accidentally, he ended up coding it in just five
days.  He's a college student in Finland.

Also, you can get the original free Crayon Physics, editors, user-created
levels, a little history, and more here:
http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/category/crayonphysics/page/7
<http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/category/crayonphysics/page/7>

FYI, it is a Windows-based game, but it is stand-alone.  It certainly proved to
be a welcome diversion back then and the new Deluxe version has replayability
out the wazoo.

Cheers,
Robert~