[ale] HOW2 choose an organizer/phone ?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Apr 20 11:30:56 EDT 2009

I've been very interested in the Pre myself.  Unfortunately, it is only going to be available from Sprint, initially, and I will not change carriers just to get a phone.  I haven't bought a phone from the carrier I am on (I have picked up a couple of basic phones that were free as a part of the service, though..) since I signed up 8 years ago (very good plan). I have had three Treos, two Nokia Communicators and one Nokia E71 since I joined, all bought unlocked from third-parties.

It really hacks me off that these carriers have been able to so successfully limit phone choice in the US.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Robert Coggins <ale at cogginsnet.com> 4/20/2009 10:55 AM >>>
I am waiting on the Palm Pre.  Many are calling it the iPhone killer.  I
am not sure of that since I haven't tried it yet.  But from the videos I
see iti may be...  It uses an OS called WebOS which I believe is linux
based.  I have needed a smartphone since january and I am holding off
until the pre comes out.  Possibly mid May.

Touchstone looks really kewl too.  It is the wireless charging for the
phone.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/13/palm-pre-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know/