[ale] Fedora NetInstall via USB Drive?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 16:41:13 EDT 2009

I ran a F10 install last night using the boot.iso image on a CD. It
detected the network connection and loaded F10 automatically once I
told it to start networking with DHCP. All the latest updates by
default. I suspect that the other, smaller disk.img files can be used
to do the exact same thing from a usb drive.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 08:24 -0400, Marc Ferguson wrote:
>> > Hey Folks,
>> >
>> > I'm looking for a howto or some information on doing a NetInstall of
>> > Fedora using a USB drive.  Call me crazy, but I'm getting tired of
>> > burning DVDs - only to have them sit and stale in a spindle.  So; I
>> > did a NetInstall of Fedora 10 x86_64 (when it came out) and I loved
>> > the process.  I don't remember the LONG URL the guy from the IRC
>> > channel gave me.
>> >
>> > I think I need to download and then copy n paste a .img file to my USB
>> > drive and I should be good to go.  If that's not the process then
>> > please help.  Thanks.
>>

>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/sn-making-media.html#id3163538
>>
>> poc
>>
>> --
>
> Thanks fellas.  I got the USB to boot.  So now I just need to write down the
> long url to start the fedora 11 install process. Oh happy day!  Man I didn't
> realize how bad I'd miss Linux until I started working with this Windows
> system again.
>
> --
> Marc F.
>
> www.fergytech.com
> Registered Linux User: #410978
>
> "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"

James P. Kinney III