[ale] Headless, Consoleless, DVDless, NetInstall? was: Fedora NetInstall via USB Drive

Fri Apr 17 12:54:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Kenneth Ratliff <lists at noctum.net> wrote:

> Alternatively, check with your host and see if they'd be willing to
> install an IP KVM if you provided them with one. We have a few
> customers who have done that, though we don't manage their servers (we
> don't allow root on managed servers anyway)

Re: IP KVM... I've tried.... it's a no go. We have them on all our in
house servers, but Peer1 refuses to let us do it there.

I like your ideas (which I clipped out), but none of the boxes I want
to reinstall have LVM and I want them to. Doesn't that stop me from
doing it your way?

P.S. I really would like to leave Peer1, but that's not in my control.
I know that paying for "management" is crazy, but that is what I've
inherited. What I am doing with Xen is going to greatly lower the
barrier to exit. If I had a solution to this "no console" thing I
could do in a day what takes a week.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.