[ale] Grrr Nvidia

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Tue Apr 14 09:07:29 EDT 2009

So, I am running Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit.  I tried the 180 nvidia beta a
while back and it worked fairly well, with the exception of my screen
randomly blacking out(X dying).  I recently got a notification that 180
was out of beta so I thought I would give it another try.  Several days
into using it has been great.  Well a few minutes ago X died again and I
lost all my work.

Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a resolution for it? a config
setting or something?

My delima: run 180 vnvidia driver and ridk my work being, but have a
GREAT desktop experience or, run 173 nvidia driver and get poor
peformance in browsers etc...

I would love to stick with 180 if I can assure the X dying issue doesn't
continue.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Robert