[ale] ALE CENTRAL MTG for Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 14 08:12:49 EDT 2009

On Mon Apr 13, 2009 04:40PM, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
> [ Sorry for delays in posting this months meeting notices,
> but BOTH of the presenters we had originally lined for
> this month had to cancel short notice, though for very
> valid reasons.  A couple of generous volunteers have
> come through, though, so here's the plan... ]
>
> Our ALE Central Meeting on Thursday, Aprl 16, 2009,
> 7:30pm,  at Emory Law School (Gambrell Hall Room 1C)
> will feature two topical presentations:
>
> ==========
> A Demo of the Opensuse Build Service (OBS)
>   with Greg Freemyer
>
> -- plus --
>
> A Look at the Current ALE "OSPREX" Deck
>   with Stephen R. Blevins

<snip>

I would be interested in having the option to attend these remotely
when I can't make the meetings physically (perhaps others would too?).

We could leverage technologies like DimDim[1] and Skype[2] to have
people join and participate remotely.

Is there any interest in doing this beyond me?

  1. http://www.Dimdim.com/
  2. http://www.skype.com
--
Cheers,
Trey

The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.
                 --Antoninus, Marcus Aurelius

Darwin tbook.bmc.com 9.6.0 i386
 8:09  up 13 days, 11:44, 3 users, load averages: 2.11 1.51 1.28