[ale] VPN through NAT firewall

Devnull devnull at iamdevnull.info
Sat Apr 11 11:34:57 EDT 2009

Hi ALErs, I have been wanting to put a VPN on my home network. I have
the dreaded WRT54GS v6.0 linksys WAP/router, with 2MB flash (curse you
linksys). Because of this, I have to use the micro build of dd-wrt,
which does not have the VPN server. I have this box between my cable
modem and the rest of the network, with my main server (HTTP, NFS,
etc) sitting behind via wireless. I want to install a VPN server on
this server, and pass through the NAT'd firewall with appropriate port
forwards. From what I have heard, openswan is the VPN server I'd like
to use, as I have Windows clients (eek). Does anyone have experience
or reasons why I shouldn't do this? Thanks a lot.

--
-
/dev/null