[ale] Request for April 16 Presentation, ALE Central Mtg.

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Apr 9 23:34:22 EDT 2009

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:04:42 -0400
Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2 expressos and a box of chocolate and it'll be no problem :-)

LOL!  He loves coffee beans (!), but he never gets more than one, and
usually early in the day if he gets one at all.  Usually I give him one
when I make ground coffee, which is once or twice a week.

A side note on that:  This was the result of a plan that backfired.
Horribly.  See, he'd been asking for a coffee bean for a while, and so
once when he wasn't around, I decided to try one.  It didn't taste good
at all.  So, I thought, "I'll let him try one, he won't like it."  So I
said "Alright, I'll let you try it.  If you don't like it, spit it into
the paper towel."

I was _so_ wrong.  He *loved* it.  He took it, popped it in his mouth,
and went "Oooh, I like it!  It's YUMMY!"  I smacked my head.  So now,
he asks for one, and he gets one, usually.  At least one at a time
doesn't make him hyper or anything.  I haven't (and won't!) experiment
to see the answer to "how many coffee beans turns Ben into a vibrating
toddler," because I really don't want to know.  :)

> OK. Sarcasm aside: a favorite coloring book and music on headphones is
> known to work pretty well.
>
> Hardware store near me has sign that reads "Unattended children will
> be given an expresso and free puppy". I always see mom's holding very
> tightly to their little one's hands :-)

He's (usually) pretty good.  I don't have any reason to suspect that he
would be anything other than good, save for the fact that the room is
new (to him) and he'll naturally want to _explore_.  Oh, and he loves
new people.

But seriously, if nobody minds, I can bring him along.  If anyone
minds, I won't---I'd understand perfectly.  That just means that I'll
stay home, as I have been doing.  (Usually, I can't find anyone to take
him on a Thursday, and Erica's work schedule changed such that we've
really not been able to go 'cuz she likes to come with.)

	--- Mike