[ale] LDAP Server

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:28:36 EDT 2009

OpenLDAP has no automatic failover. All the others do. RedHat and
CentOS are identical except in name. Fedora is a tad more advanced.
They all support multi-master mode so any one can be live and any
other can fail with auto resync when it comes back online.

Recommend: CentOS 5.3 with it's LDAP.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Brandon Colbert
<colbert.brandon at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I been tasked to setup a fail-over ldap solution at work. We have one
> running openldap. I wanted to get everyone opinion on the difference between
> OpenLDAP, CentOS-DS, Fedora-DS, and Redhat-DS.
>
> If you had your choice, which one will you use?
>

> FYI: In the near future we will tie samba and radius with ldap.

James P. Kinney III