[ale] [OT] DTV reception

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 2 17:10:27 EDT 2009

krwatson at cc.gatech.edu wrote:
>> just sort of point it toward Stone Mountain and all should be well. I
>> do not get channel 8 (PBS) very well, but another city's PBS works
>> fine, so I do not complain.
>
> Channel 8 digital is broadcasting at extremely low power. I live in Tucker and I can't even get the signal. They will go to full power when the analog gets shut down this summer.
>
> keith

I'm pretty sure they have already shutdown the analog transmission and
moved the digital to the old analog frequency, their are even using the
old analog antenna, retuned of course. The digital is broadcasting at
22KW now as opposed to some previous single digit number.  I think they
have headroom to go to 64KWs.