[ale] KVM and Cisco switch for sale

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Apr 1 21:14:47 EDT 2009

justin caratzas wrote:

> Is there any chance we can hold off the firesales for another month or
> two?  FreesideATL.org has stuff like this on its want list, and will be
> able to purchase once they start collecting dues and move into its space.

In a similar vein, I'll point out that Free IT Athens is in need of
switches. All we have on hand now are the 4-port variety; not so great
for setting up labs. Other needs are

* Desktop and laptop computers with a Pentium III or newer processor
* CRT and LCD Monitors
* PS/2 or USB Keyboards and Mice
* Memory (i.e. SD-RAM, DDR, DDR2, RD-RAM)
* PCI POST Diagnostic cards
* Grounded power strips and extension cords
* Large Bakers Racks or similar shelving
* Air Compressor or Vacuum (for removing dust from computers)
* Tools of all varieties (if it can open a computer, crimp a cable, test
a part, etc. we probably want it)

We're not in a position to pay for anything, but donations are *greatly*
appreciated and tax-deductible! There's more information at freeitathens.org

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts