[ale] Problems with DSL

mute wonder mutewonder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:02:16 EDT 2008

I fumbled through installing Linux on a Dell Latitude laptop years
ago.  IIRC, some versions of Puppy worked better than others, and
PizzaPup 3 (someone's derivative based on Puppy 2.15, I think)
succeeded.  So, have you tried other versions?

It would help if you had the specs for that laptop.  SysResCD includes
a hardware analysis utility called AIDA that may help.

Also, not that you can't wrangle Debian or something on there, but
DeliLinux is a distro aimed at older, low-spec computers.  Just
another option: http://www.delilinux.org