[ale] TWiki critical security advisory...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Sep 22 10:01:57 EDT 2008

Hey all,

	I mentioned this at the ALE meeting the other night that TWiki had a
critical security update.  The details of the vulnerability and example
exploit are now posted on milw0rm for all to see.  First and foremost,
anyone who has not done so should make sure the configure script for
TWiki is totally disabled!  This is a trivial unauthenticated remote
code execution vulnerability.  If your site has been running with an
exposed configure script, you should immediately scan the system for
intrusions and rootkits.  It is being exploited in the wild.  Check your
web logs for any sign of pipe command execution attempts.

	http://milw0rm.com/exploits/6509

	TWiki has an update to the configure script on their site.

	Regards,
	Mike