[ale] What is the proper power supply output [amps&volts] for a Linksys 2.4 Gig 802.11b router, please ?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Sep 16 20:52:12 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 19:15 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Jim Kinney wrote:
> > It should be on a label on the unit. It's a requirement to have the
> > power ratings on devices that use power.

	Funny...  Mine isn't labeled at all other that + and -.

> You can buy the bricks and adapters at Radio Shack.  Take your old brick
> there and find a replacement.

	My Linksys wall-wart is rated at 12VDC 1000mA output.  But mine is a
WRT-54gs.  While I wouldn't expect much difference from other models
like yours, you pays your money and you takes your chance.

	Might check out LinksysInfo, <www.linksysinfo.org>, for more
information.  They have a lot of hardware info up there.  You might get
lucky.

	Mike