[ale] All the way to OT: Satellite/Cable (was Re: bandwidth competition (changing the subject))

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Mon Sep 8 10:32:24 EDT 2008

AT&T has a deal with DirecTV. I have DirecTV and it's ok. Tons of
channels and I can think of 3 times the service was out because of
rain. There is no real "on demand" service like I had with Charter. I
watched the free on demand stuff all the time. With DVR I don't miss
it quite so much.

The critical thing to consider before ditching cable is to make darn
sure there is an internet service option. I get no high speed service
where I am now. Talk to a person at AT&T and make sure you can get
DSL. I ordered our service online and it wasn't until after we signed
the lease that we found out AT&T doesn't provide DSL.

Brian