[ale] Comcast Caps Data at 250G/Month

Forsaken forsaken at targaryen.us
Mon Sep 8 06:45:04 EDT 2008

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 03:23:05 -0400

> Even in that case, are they likely to hit 250 GB transferring legal
> content?  Even if you are a good citizen in the torrent community and
> share everything at a 2:1 ratio you're 'only' going to use 3 times the
> bandwidth per media file.  Movies tend to be 700 meg.  We can call
> that 2 gig per movie.  How many people are pirating over 100 movies
> per month?

For one person keeping it legal, sure, 250 gigs is more than enough. If
you've got 4 people in the house who like to watch Youtube vidoes for a
good part of the day and stream the latest episode of House off Fox's
website, along with all your other favorite shows... it can get pretty
close. And I should probably mention the porn factor. I work for a
company that is, essentially, recession proof. Trust me, there are
*alot* of people that spend alot of money paying for and downloading
porn ;)