[ale] OT - Banks and Firefox

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sun Sep 7 11:09:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008, Jeff Lightner wrote:

> I was interested recently to see that Bank of America not only made
> their site Firefox friendly but thought it important enough to list it
> as a notice on their site.

The good part about Google Chrome is going to be even more market force
to make bad websites more "standards" or at least, multi-browser
capable. Firefox was seen as an Outsider.. Even if it doesn't get market
share (or does in a while), just because Google's name is on it, it will
get pointy haired management types to want to make sure their stuff is
"Google Compatible". And I heard that phrase from one of them yesterday.

Once upon a time, the internet was built on standards that made sense..
and evolved over time as ideas and technologies gained merit. And now..
It's all about how much money is attached to the name.