[ale] significance of -> 802.11/a/b/g connectivity

Stephen Benjamin skbenja at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 15:31:19 EDT 2008

Signal range varies greatly depending on the access point and what's between
you and the access point.

I generally pick up signals that my G built-in card doesn't see, but not too
much further.  There's a quality inn near my apartment....on the other side
of the highway, I pick that up (barely) probably like 1/4 mile.  My Intel
802.11g built-in card doesn't see it.