[ale] the multi-company emergency situation for the solo-staffedconsultant

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Oct 30 19:44:45 EDT 2008

You might check with Geoffrey Myers. He's on the ALE list and has done work for me in the past.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Brian W. Neu" <ale at advancedopen.com> 10/30/2008 07:01 PM >>>
I started doing small business consulting for a few companies while I was considering what to do next with my career.  Now 3 years later, I have 20+ clients, and the workload is sometimes impossible due to that sleep thing.  I now have a client that is asking about my availability for some kind of guaranteed response time to their issues.  While I'm not looking to guarantee them response time, I know that my customers occasionally suffer because I just can't handle two emergencies at once.  My customers are 30% Linux & 70% Microsoft (usually Quickbooks driven).

Is there anyone out there with Linux & a hefty amount of Microsoft SBS experience, who is also operating his or her own company that is interested in setting up some kind of agreement to back each other up in the event of customer overload?  I'd prefer someone who has an existing business supporting small businesses as his primary source of income.

I'm typically serving clients from Buford to Roswell to Dallas to Mableton.

Thanks,

--
Brian W. Neu
Principal