[ale] [OT] Monster PC < $500

Shane McKinley shane at hemc.coop
Thu Oct 30 08:18:02 EDT 2008

Obviously you setup ESXi and that is it, no software installation, no
kernel modulation, etc.

I know with VMWare server there is a kernel module. If you want to
update you server, you have to reconfigure VMWare server and reload the
module.

N E ways, the point is that there is more likely to be an issue with the
'virtualized' environment with VMWare server vs ESXi. Also, ESXi is only
32MB (I think).

I don't know about ESXi, but with VMWare server it is possible to gain
access to the 'real' machine. Like I said, dunno if that is the same
case with ESXi.

Word to your mother,

Shane