[ale] Codeweavers giving away CrossOver Tomorrow

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Tue Oct 28 09:59:55 EDT 2008

... and apparently the traffic has taken down Codeweavers' servers.
There's only a stub site up at the moment, and the only things
on that page are the full CO download links.  I like the way these
guys honor a bet; even though I'm downloading a freebie, I'll
probably pay them for another version.

-- JK

Brian Pitts wrote:
> On Tuesday Codeweavers is giving away CrossOver, their commercial
> offering based on Wine, at no cost. They have versions for linux and OS
> X. I'm curious how it compares to Wine itself.
>
> http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2008/10/27/codeweavers-software-free-tomorrow-tuesday-october-28
>
> -Brian

I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov