[ale] OT: The Website Is Down: Sales Guy vs. Web Dude

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Oct 24 08:46:43 EDT 2008

Back when I did telephone support for my past company's systems
installed around the world I used to love the calls saying "The system
is down".
Generally this meant one of the following:

1)  The user couldn't login on ONE terminal.  (Often because they'd
forgot their own password AGAIN.)

2)  The system was down for nightly processing that users seemed to
forget occurred on a daily basis.

3)  The power in the building had gone out and they didn't understand
that computers required power to run.