[ale] [OT] Still time to Vote with Evidence! + PaperCounts.org email petition

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Oct 23 00:28:56 EDT 2008

On 2008, Oct, 21, , at 9:01 AM, Harold Bieber wrote:

> You do not have to show any ID to receive an absentee ballot.
> As long as you are registered you will receive the ballot.
>
> Harold

Accurate, with the exception of NEW voters (ones who will
be voting in Georgia for the first time on November 4th)
and who didn't have ID verification submitted with their
voter registration form.  All new registrants must have
their ID confirmed at some point before they are fully
registered and permitted to vote.

On a related note, since the time for getting your paper
ballot delivered in the mail is getting short, if you want
to insure that your absentee request has been received you
can hand deliver it to your County Registrar's office (as
I did) and no ID will be required of you if your voter
registration is established and current (in other words,
if your ID and residence has been previously confirmed).

I'll also be hand delivering my paper absentee ballot to the
County Registrar's office on Nov. 3rd or 4th, since that is
where the ballots are counted and I prefer to not take any
chances on the USPS.  I expect to be working as a poll
monitor, poll watcher or exit pollster on election day as
well. If anyone reading this is interested in doing something
similar they can contact JohnFortuin at gmail.com and coordinate
through DefendersOfDemocracy.com, or call Election Protection
at 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683).

peace
aaron