[ale] Firefox Keeps Freezing After Flash Upgrade

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 06:12:32 EDT 2008

Hi Fellas,

I need a bit of help with figuring out why my Firefox keeps crashing.  I did
a "strace firefox" and the results are posted here:
http://rafb.net/p/G6lnpk54.html

I originally wanted to figure out why Fedora's audio seemed to be
single-threaded.  I can play one audio device at a time.  If I had Banshee
playing, I could watch any YouTube videos (well I could, but there would be
no sound).  So; I asked someone from the #fedora IRC and they told me to
install "libflashsupport.i386" because Flash 9 doesn't support pulseaudio
too well.  So; I installed it and it worked.  Very soon after it played on
Flash file, I tried to play another and my browser froze.  Since then I've
copied and pasted the latest Flash 10.so into my firefox plugin's directory
and the same thing happens?

I saw in the output (on line 67, 368, 369, etc) that it's referencing my
download folder for flash 10, why?

---
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4