[ale] real dumb question

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 18:07:21 EDT 2008

Hey Daniel,

Couldn't you create a partition on the server and a directory on each
Desktop. Then edit the client computers' fstab(s) to nfs mount the
client folders to server's dedicated partition?

Off the top of my head, what I don't like about the solution above is
this: I've heard that clients in a nfs share situation become very
despondent and cranky when they lose connection with the server.

On an unrelated matter: it looks like I am going to do some networking
at my son's school. Any convenient time that I could pick up that
collection of networking what-not that you've been so kind as to store
for me?

Thanks,
Preston