[ale] Tool to feed with captured tcp traffic

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:39:12 EDT 2008

I read the man page of tcpreplay. It does not sound it will do exactly what
I wanted, unless the man page does not tell the whole story.  I do not have
FC9 at work.

An ideal tool for me would play it back to a different set of client server
(C+ D). It ought behaves as a different Server ( C ). It plays back the
packets from the server when client D connects to Server B.
This of course, may require A+B IP addresses replaced with C+D IP addresses
in the captured. If that's difficult due to internal checksum and such, I
can set up C+D in a lab to have A+C's IP address instead.

The man page sounds like it will work ok with the original client/server set
( Server A + Client C)