[ale] Data archiving software?

Jeff Layton laytonjb at att.net
Mon Oct 13 10:29:14 EDT 2008

Jerald Sheets wrote:
> What format is the current data in, and on what kind of media are you
> storing it?

Ah... the easy questions... :)  Well I'll have to dive into more details
to answer this. I've got output from HPC apps in various forms
(some text, some binary in various forms) that vary in format. The
data is stored in a parallel file system such as Lustre, GPFS, GlusterFS,
IBRIX, etc.

The media can be varied. In general it's something that is reliable and
can be kept for years (on the order of 10) and is cheap :)  Cheap
means cheaper than keeping the data in the current parallel file system.

Thanks!

Jeff