[ale] NewbieQ on Java MIDlet and Linux

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 17:04:08 EDT 2008

Hmm. Is there a difference between "Java" and "Java for phones"? I know the
phone version is slimmed down and has less capabilities. But if it works on
the phone it _should_ work with a full environment.

I bet the easy way is to do from a browser. Open is and see what happens.
Or, from command line run java  -jar <filename>.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDlet

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 10:14 AM, John Mills <johnmills at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> ALErs -
>
> I have a Java app intended for cell-phone use in the form of a 'MIDlet'.
>
> Can I run this in a full Linux environment (SuSE-10.x, FCxx, ...)? Is so,
> how do I do it?
>
> TIA.
>
>  - Mills

James P. Kinney III