[ale] Anyone looking for a new gig?

George L. Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 16:48:07 EDT 2008

(My $0.02 'technical repremand:) Last time I was job hunting - I would have
loved to have found one recruiter/employer/someone who would bother to read
a PDF/ASCII/html/XML/LaTeX resume instead of demanding one in MS Word
format.

Back to the thread- this time last year I had spent several months and was
reaching max frustration and minimum cash reserves, when - due to
referrals, suggestions, and mentorship from this list - I found a job which
led to a great permanent job that I love. (Unfortunately - it has nothing
to do with Linux - but ALE got me the origional lead/foot in the door.)

I say thanks for the forum and thanks for the mentorship on all topics,
technical or professional, even for us lurkers who only occasionally post.

-George