[ale] RTF

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Nov 26 09:32:53 EST 2008

What crap!

MS Word took off for one reason - They gave it away along with Excel and
Access because the people PAYING for software new Word sucked compared
to WordPerfect and Excel sucked compared to Lotus 123.   Not only did
they give it away - they forced PC manufacturers to bundle in on new PCs
with the threat of NOT being allowed to include DOS/Windows.   Once MS
Office became the defacto standard they quit giving it away.