[ale] Microsoft ad, was Re: Leaving Linux for Outlook plugin

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sat Nov 22 10:03:16 EST 2008

Scott Castaline wrote:
> Tim Watts wrote:
>> Gotta say, Jim, that was my 1st thought. So one plugin is going to save her so
>> much work AND offset the negatives of switching to Outlook/XP? In the words
>> of Seinfeld, "That is one magic loogie".
> I find it amusing that you mention Seinfeld in this, being that he was
> in a commercial for M$ Bli$ta.

Did you see how quickly that one crashed and burned?  It was obviously a
greatly failed attempt at humor on Microsoft's part.  I think that
current Mac commercials are hilarious and this was an attempt by
Microsoft to combat those.  I think both companies approaches to humor
are reflective of each company.  Apple gets it, Microsoft doesn't.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin