[ale] KDE 4.1 fun

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Sat Nov 15 13:47:58 EST 2008

> I think the designers are pushing you toward the "right-click,
> run command" behavior. That's what I do most often now. Typing
> two are three letters of the app usually brings up the icon I can
> click on.

What a terrible way to do it.  If I wanted to run a command from the right-click, then give me the option on a context menu only.  But what's even sillier is they have you take your hand away from the mouse and reorient it on the keyboard.

Equally disliked is the software that makes you frequently remove your hand from the keyboard to do something with the mouse.  Whatever happened to the convention that anything the mouse can do, the keyboard can do, too?

Cheers,
Robert~