[ale] Automatically mount without KDE

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Fri Nov 14 23:58:09 EST 2008

In KDE something called the device notifier automatically detects plugged-in
USB storage units.  If you click, it will then put a line in fstab, and mount
the device.

How do I do this when not in KDE or Gnome?  This is Mandriva 2009.

Obviously I'd want to hook into the existing scripts as much as possible, so
this would probably be something having to do with udev and Hal.  There
seems to be a script drakupdate_fstab which adds an entry to the fstab based
on the device, but it doesn't seem to be called from anywhere.