[ale] Firefox hits 20 percent market share

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Sun Nov 9 08:26:55 EST 2008

I used to be a big supporter of the "if ain't broke don't fix it" POV.
However, over the years I've modified that to "support is broken if it's
too out of date or if it's too new".   I do my best to try to update to
more recent packages but stay away from beta stuff or even non-beta
stuff before it's been out for about a month.   The one month rule came
after a major UNIX vendor broker our systems on more than one occasion
by suggesting we apply new patches that didn't fix anything already
broken from our standpoint.