[ale] Linux to HAM conversion process

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Nov 7 09:17:39 EST 2008

Many years ago I did my time in management and realized that being a
manager actually seems to corrupt your sense of values.  You actually
will say things as a manager that (after you're cured) you'll realize
were outrageous but some how didn't seem so to you at the time.

Once a co-worker asked me and another guy what he needed to do to get
into management and we both told him it was simple - just quit caring
about other people.

I trained another co-worker years ago and he later became my manager at
another job.  He once suggested something that made me respond:  "Do I
see points starting to form in your hair?"  :-)