[ale] Download with Upload with Extreme DSL

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue May 27 11:39:06 EDT 2008

Chris Fowler wrote:
> I was over at a friends house who has AT&T Extreme DSL.  I noticed that
> when we were uploading our download was almost non-existent.  In one
> case we left tracker on in Ubunut and it was seeding.  We could not
> visit any web pages or even check mail until we terminated that
> application.  He is concerned that VOIP will not even work if he chooses
> to implement it.  Any ideas?

Implement QOS for the VOIP, it's necessary in any situation where you
might be downloading even a reasonably sized file.

I've not experienced the issue of not being able to browse websites when
downloading files.  Although see my previous posts regarding issues with
  bittorrent.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin