[ale] Distro Search for Thinkpad R40

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sat May 24 12:30:07 EDT 2008

I had that problem once (freezing on install) and it turned out that the
MD5SUM on that .iso image was bad (now I always check them after
downloading a .iso image).  Redownloaded, reburned and it worked fine.
Also, once I found on an old system that the Edubuntu LiveCD worked
fine, but the alternate (install only) didn't work, and I think I've
seen the reverse as well, so check your MD5SUMS, and try both the live
CD and the install only (alternate) CD .iso image.  And if memory is
limited, try Kubuntu as well, or if you really want to have fun, try
PuppyLinux.

Best,
Daniel

 >Marc wrote: I tried Ubuntu 7.10 and also 8.04.  I'm having an issue
with the CD freezing up in the menu.
--
Daniel Howard
President and CEO