[ale] odd log message

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue May 20 09:29:40 EDT 2008

Don't just comment out entries in inittab - change the word "respawn" to
"off" then exit and run "init q".   There are systems that will read the
"respawn" even if there is a comment in front of it so its best to do
things this way even if Linux isn't one of them.

You can also add the entry suggested earlier.  Turning it "off" gives
you time to troubleshoot the error without it wasting cycles trying to
start it over and over.  Once resolved you simply change the entry back
to "respawn" and run init q again to reread the inittab.