[ale] bittorrent issues with Bellsouth

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Fri May 16 08:50:11 EDT 2008

    Hmm... I downloaded the Fedora 9 DVD image via bittorrent the other
night myself. I'm on a 6MB AT&T/BS DSL line... I started it when I went
to bed around 10:30pm and it was just finishing up while I was enjoying
breakfast the next morning at 6am.

    Now if it matters, I have my AT&T/BS provided modem in pass-thru
mode and have a Linksys device running OpenWRT doing the PPPoE
authentication. I also do my own QOS throttling on my side as well. Only
problems I've had with my line is the sudden unexpected disappearance
and reappearance of dial tone one time that no one can give me a
straight answer on and the fraking port 25/tcp outbound blocking.