[ale] Recall: Job Opportunity- Linux/System Admin

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Thu May 15 11:57:32 EDT 2008

 >One day we should go ahead and put a bullet in this attitude.
 >Now would be good.
 >--jms

Hooray Jerald!  Frankly, the schools and educators I talk to are in the
same category as HR folk more often that not.  Let's say I meet with a
new school district, find ears that are willing to listen, and find an
Windoz admin there (often a very young guy/gal!) who wants to learn
about Linux.  My dream would be to get them on this group to start
learning, but yes, I'm often fearful of that due to the reaction that
noobs can sometimes get, so I hesitate.  And BTW, thanks to all for not
scaring me away in my early years, but I'm old and used to arrows and
tomatoes I guess, especially when evangelizing Linux to schools.  I
really believe that if we acknowledge as part of our mission the
education (in a nice way) of new Linux users or even those that come
into contact with it like our HR friend, not just professionals and
serious students of Linux, we'll contribute to a seachange here in
Atlanta that I firmly believe is possible.

Best,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard