[ale] Best firewall/router disti with PPOE

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Mar 28 14:32:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 12:44 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> I use a Linksys WRT54G-L with Tomato installed
> (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato). It's the only Linksys product I've
> found to be worth the money. But I think that is mostly because I
> don't have to use their firmware! ;)

I've been thinking about buying one of those.  Do you know if I can buy
one outside of eBay?

Last time I traveled I staid in the same room with my business partner
and we needed access to the office.  I took an older Linksys BET... and
attached it to the wired segment of the hotel.  We then fired up out
laptops.  Since I run Linux and VTUN, I had access.  He did not.  I
eventually plugged him into my laptop and I ran as a router.  I thought
that I could find another Linksys, load the Linux based firmware, vtun,
and we both have access to the office.

Chris