[ale] Weird ubuntu tricks...

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Mar 27 08:14:44 EDT 2008

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
>> Brian Schenken wrote:
>>  > Also make sure your powersupply has enough juice, sadly all the 250, 300
>>  > watt power supplies we have lying around are becoming obsolete.
>>
>>  Can this really be true?
>
> Yes.
>
>> My computer (Athlon X2 3600, 4 sticks of ram, 1 hdd, one dvdrw) idles at less than
>>  70 watts.
>
> How are you measuring that?
>
> Also, idle isn't really considered normal use of a PC, and I would
> imagine some folks would prefer that even a moderate load wouldn't
> overload their power supply. ;-)

Actually, I would prefer that NO load overload my power supply. ;)  You
really want at least 'a little bit more' power supply then you thing you
will actually need for the heaviest load you're going to run, even if
that heavy load is only once in a blue moon.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin