[ale] .procmail away response

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Mar 25 10:08:48 EDT 2008

I use procmail extensively to filter all mail on my server vs in the
mail client.  Typically for customers I look at their domain name and if
it matches one I'm looking for I place it in the Customers folder.  I'm
getting ready to fly to Houston and I thought it would be cool if I
could send only Customers an response email that I'm away.  Has anyone
done this?  I do not want to do a blanket away because then you guys
will be getting my away email.

Here is an example rule:

:0
* ^From.*domain.com
Mail/Customers

I have one for each customer I get mail from and I have them littered
throughout my .procmailrc

Chris