[ale] dokuwiki and comments

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sun Mar 23 19:31:59 EDT 2008

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I've been playing with dokuwiki over the weekend.  I want to be the only
> person capable of creating and editing pages.  So far that works good.
> I also want to be able to allow people to comment on pages and those
> comments to be shown.
>
> Here is an example article
>
> http://support.opsdc.com/~cfowler/ki4ymd/doku.php?id=tennis_ball_launcher_wire_antenna_launcher
>

> Is there a plugin to do what I want or do I need to embed PHP code
> directly in the article?

Hi Chris,

Have you tried http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:discussion ?

"The Discussion Plugin adds a discussion section after your wiki page
for user comments. This is useful to separate page content and the
discussion thereof and also, if you don't want to give normal users the
right to edit the page but still want user contributed notes."

This can create a spam problem, so you may want to look into
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:captcha ,
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:akismet , and
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:badbehaviour

My personal solution was to disable account creation and anonymous
comments. If someone wants to comment, they need to use an OpenID. The
spambots don't seem to be trying this yet.

-Brian