[ale] Examining pre-existing LVM

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 11:40:07 EDT 2008

Well, here's how things are looking now:

# ls /dev/mapper
control  vg0-aux
# pvs
  PV         VG   Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree
  /dev/sdb1  vg0  lvm2 a-   68.50G     0
  /dev/sdc1  vg0  lvm2 a-    8.47G     0
  /dev/sdd1  vg0  lvm2 a-   16.95G     0
  /dev/sde1  vge  lvm2 a-   16.95G 16.95G
  /dev/sdf1  vgf  lvm2 a-   16.95G 16.95G
# vgs
  VG   #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize  VFree
  vg0    3   1   0 wz--n- 93.91G     0
  vge    1   0   0 wz--n- 16.95G 16.95G
  vgf    1   0   0 wz--n- 16.95G 16.95G
# lvs
  LV   VG   Attr   LSize  Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%
  aux  vg0  -wi-ao 93.91G

Anything here referring to "vg0" is a pre-existing LVM arrrangement
involving a mixture of real drives, as you can see in the pvs output.
The "problem children" I've created are sde1 and sdf1, the two external
SCSI drives.  Note that they are in an "all space free" state.  As I see
my current dilemma, I don't have LVs to go any further with.