[ale] automatic updates = confused user

brobinso at math.usf.edu brobinso at math.usf.edu
Wed Mar 19 16:51:20 EDT 2008

Hello.  I asked a very similar question here about 3-4 months ago.  Never
got an answer, but I think I solved it by doing an

# rmmod ehci-hcd

the ehci-hcd  module is the one that controls the usb 2.0, so you get the
higher speed usb.  without it, you get lower speed (though I havn't
noticed a diff), but it works.

I guess this becomes a problem when the usb device deteriorates, is cheap,
the wires get old, etc.

Here's my discussion of it on ubuntu forums:

hope this helps.

Robert